Under the deferred disposition sentencing option, youth are on supervision for 12 months and have several requirements including restitution, community service, compliance with curfew and attending school. Specific rules will also apply based on the individual youth. If the youth does not commit another crime during the 12 month probation period, then the charge is dismissed and cleared from their criminal history.
Excluded from this program include youth who:
- Have committed a sex offense
- Have committed a violent offense
- Have a criminal history that includes a felony
- Have had a previous Deferred Disposition
- Has had two or more adjudications