Let’s keep Lewis County clean!
The Lewis County Department of Public Works, Solid Waste Utility Adopt-A-Road Program is now available for for community groups or like-minded friends and neighbors to pick up litter along county roads. This program was approved by Lewis County Commissioners in mid-August, and is now ready to get Lewis County residents, businesses and community groups signed up to keep our road clean. Organizations and individuals can submit an application to adopt a section of road to clean at least four times a year, or sign up for a one-time clean up of community, neighborhood, or park.
Once an application and section of road is approved for adoption, Lewis County will support volunteers by providing safety and personal protective equipment, such as high visibility vests, gloves and litter grabbers; litter bags; and signage. County staff will also pick up bagged litter, and cover disposal costs.
Please click here to read more about the Lewis County Adopt-A-Road Program.
We would love to have you join the Lewis County Adopt-A-Road Program. To adopt a section of road, the instructions and forms are listed below.
Highways are not included in this program. Please visit the Washington state Adopt-A-Highway program for information on adopting a portion of a state highway.
- Click on the Adopt-A-Road Application. You can fill it out online, then print it out, and sign it.
- Click on the Adopt-A-Road Agreement. You can fill in the sections outlined below, then print it out and sign it.
- Fill out your name and/or the name of your organization in the section in the first paragraph on page 1.
- On page 3, select whether this adoption will be a two-year commitment or a one-time clean-up event.
- Print out the Agreement, sign and date on page 4.
- When the section or roadway or event is approved, the Lewis County Public Works Director will sign and date the Agreement.
- The signed Agreement will be returned to you with instructions on planning for litter clean-up event.
For both completed documents, you may either scan them in, and email them to email@example.com or mail them to the following address:
Lewis County Adopt-A-Road Program
P.O. Box 180
Centralia, WA 98531
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to call us at 360-740-1451.