Solid Waste Disposal Locations, Rates & Material Accepted
CENTRAL TRANSFER STATION -- CENTRALIA
View Map>Map to Central Transfer Station
Location: 1411 South Tower Avenue, Centralia, WA
Hours of Operation: Monday - Saturday 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Phone Number: 360-740-1451
Forms of payment accepted: Cash, Check, or Credit/Debit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover ONLY) are accepted at the Central Transfer Station in Centralia. $1 handling fee per credit, debit or pre-paid card transaction.
EAST LEWIS COUNTY TRANSFER STATION -- MORTON
View Larger Map">Map to East Lewis County Transfer Station
Location: 6745 U.S. Hwy 12, Morton, WA (2 miles East of Morton)
Hours of Operation: Monday - Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone Number: 360-496-5095
Forms of payment accepted: Cash, Check, or Credit/Debit Cards (Visa MasterCard or Discover ONLY) are accepted at the East Lewis County Transfer Station. $1 handling fee per credit, debit, or pre-paid card transaction.
TRANSFER STATION HOLIDAYS
The transfer stations are closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Fourth of July
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
THE TIPPING FEE FOR MUNICIPAL SOLID WASTE IS $90.00 PER TON AT BOTH TRANSFER STATIONS.
- The minimum fee for refuse disposal at both transfer stations is $10.00 for 200 lbs. or less. A 3.6% solid waste refuse tax (SWRT) is included to each refuse disposal transaction.
- Express Service: At Central Transfer Station only: $10.00 paid at the inbound window allows you to dump up to six (6) 32 gallon cans or bags. This service saves the trip to the tipping floor and you do not need to weigh out. INQUIRE AT THE INBOUND SCALE WINDOW.
- Garbage: $90.00 per ton ($10.00 minimum for 200 lbs. or less)
- Asbestos: (Central Transfer Station Only): $150.00 per ton ($30.00 minimum charge for 400 pounds or less). 3.6% solid waste refuse tax added to transaction. Special handling needed.
- Waste Requiring Special Handling: $110.00 per ton. 3.6% solid waste refuse tax added to transaciton.
- Chippable Yard Waste: $60.00 per ton ($5.00 minimum for 160 pounds or less) See "composting link" or "transfer station recycling link" for a list of noxious weeds that are not allowed in the wood waste.
- Yard Waste: Lawn clippings, garden spoils, leaves or yard trimmings: $60.00 per ton ($5.00 minimum for 160 pounds or less) See "composting link" or "transfer station recycling link" for a list of noxious weeds that are not allowed in the yard waste. Must be separated from chippable debris.
- Large Household Appliances: (ovens/ranges, washers, clothes dryers, dishwashers, hot water tanks): $10.00 each. Large appliances collected at county transfer stations are recycled.
- Refrigerators, freezers and other appliances containing refrigerant: $23.00 each. Refrigerator or freezer doors must be removed for safety reasons. The doors may be recycled with the unit.
- Small Electrical Appliances (disposal options for TVs, computer monitors, laptops and computer towers are listed separately below): Small electrical appliances, such as hair dryers, document shredders, microwave ovens, keyboards, copiers, etc., go with the garbage, and the garbage fee of $90.00 per ton ($10.00 minimum for 200 pounds or less) applies.
- TVs, computer monitors, computer towers and laptops: The following rates apply when dropping off TVs, computer monitors, computer towers and laptops at the Central Transfer Station, Centralia, or the East Lewis County Transfer Station, Morton: TVs and computer monitors: $25.00 each; computer towers: $6.00 each; and laptops: $31.00 each. Free options are available for these items - see Free E-Cycle sites below.
- Free E-Cycle Sites: The following locations accept TVs, computer monitors, computer towers and laptops at no charge through a Washington State electronics recycling program: Goodwill Industries Store, 519 Harrison Ave., Centralia; Visiting Nurses' Thrift Store, 222 S. Pearl St., Centralia; Visiting Nurses' Thrift Store, 435 NW Chehalis Ave., Chehalis; and Tiger Mountain Technologies, 208 Second St., Morton.
- Passenger Car/Light Truck Tires Without Rims: $3.00 each
- Passenger Car/Light Truck Tires With Rims: $5.00 each
- Semi-Truck Tires Without Rims: $8.00 each (Effective 7/1/18, this cost will be $10.00 each)
- Semi-Truck Tires With Rims: $20.00 each (Effective 7/1/18)
- Mercury-Containing Lights: The Light-Cycle Washington program began Jan. 1, 2015, and allows Washington State residents to recycle up to 10 mercury-containing lights at no charge per day by dropping them off at authorized collection sites. The Central Transfer Station, Centralia, and East Lewis County Transfer Station, Morton, are authorized collectors in Lewis County. The main categories of mercury-containing lights accepted by Light-Cycle Washington are compact fluorescent lights (CFLs), fluorescent tubes up to 8 feet long and High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps. When dropping off more than 10 mercury-containing lights in one day, the first 10 are free and the following rates apply for the remainder:
- 4 foot straight light -- $0.40 each
- 8 foot straight light -- $0.80 each
- 6 foot straight light -- $0.60 each
- Compact fluorescent light -- $0.50 each
- U-Tube light -- $1.00 each
- High intensity discharge light -- $1.00 each
- Specialty light -- $2.50 each
CURBSIDE GARBAGE PICKUP
Private garbage companies provide garbage containers for their customers. The companies provide various sizes of containers and pick-up schedules are determined by need and neighborhood routes. Please contact the company in your neighborhood for your residential or business garbage disposal needs.
- Centralia: 360-736-4769
- Chehalis: 360-748-1502
- Rural Centralia/Chehalis: 360-736-5282
- City of Vader: 360-623-5383