Solid Waste Disposal Locations, Rates & Material Accepted
CENTRAL TRANSFER STATION -- CENTRALIA
Location: 1411 South Tower Avenue, Centralia, WA
Hours of Operation: Monday - Saturday 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Phone Number: 360-740-1451
Forms of payment accepted: Cash, Check, or Credit/Debit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover ONLY) are accepted at the Central Transfer Station in Centralia. $1 handling fee per credit, debit or pre-paid card transaction.
EAST LEWIS COUNTY TRANSFER STATION -- MORTON
Location: 6745 U.S. Hwy 12, Morton, WA (2 miles East of Morton)
Hours of Operation: Monday - Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone Number: 360-496-5095
Forms of payment accepted: Cash, Check, or Credit/Debit Cards (Visa MasterCard or Discover ONLY) are accepted at the East Lewis County Transfer Station. $1 handling fee per credit, debit, or pre-paid card transaction.
TRANSFER STATION HOLIDAYS
The transfer stations are closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Fourth of July
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
THE TIPPING FEE FOR MUNICIPAL SOLID WASTE IS $90.00 PER TON AT BOTH TRANSFER STATIONS.
- The minimum fee for refuse disposal at both transfer stations is $10.00 for 200 lbs. or less.
- Express Service: At Central Transfer Station only: $10.00 paid at the inbound window allows you to dump up to six (6) 32 gallon cans or bags. This service saves the trip to the tipping floor and you do not need to weigh out. INQUIRE AT THE INBOUND SCALE WINDOW.
- Garbage: $90.00 per ton ($10.00 minimum for 200 lbs. or less)
- Asbestos: (Central Transfer Station Only): $150.00 per ton ($30.00 minimum charge for 400 pounds or less). 3.6% solid waste refuse tax added to transaction. Special handling needed.
- Waste Requiring Special Handling: $110.00 per ton. 3.6% solid waste refuse tax added to transaction.
- Chippable Yard Waste: $60.00 per ton ($5.00 minimum for 160 pounds or less) See "composting link" or "transfer station recycling link" for a list of noxious weeds that are not allowed in the wood waste.
- Yard Waste: Lawn clippings, garden spoils, leaves or yard trimmings: $60.00 per ton ($5.00 minimum for 160 pounds or less) See "composting link" for a list of noxious weeds that are not allowed in the yard waste. Must be separated from chippable debris.
- Large Household Appliances: (ovens/ranges, washers, clothes dryers, dishwashers, hot water tanks): $10.00 each. Large appliances collected at county transfer stations are recycled.
- Refrigerators, freezers and other appliances containing refrigerant: $23.00 each. Refrigerator or freezer doors must be removed for safety reasons. The doors may be recycled with the unit.
- Small Electrical Appliances (disposal options for TVs, computer monitors, laptops and computer towers are listed separately below): Small electrical appliances, such as hair dryers, document shredders, microwave ovens, keyboards, copiers, etc., go with the garbage, and the garbage fee of $90.00 per ton ($10.00 minimum for 200 pounds or less) applies.
- TVs, computer monitors, computer towers and laptops: TVs and computer monitors: $25.00 each; computer towers: $6.00 each; and laptops: $31.00 each. Free options are available for these items - see Free E-Cycle sites below.
- Free E-Cycle Sites: The following locations accept TVs, computer monitors, computer towers, and laptops at no charge through a Washington State electronics recycling program: Goodwill Industries Store, 519 Harrison Ave., Centralia; Visiting Nurses' Thrift Store, 222 S. Pearl St., Centralia; Visiting Nurses' Thrift Store, 435 NW Chehalis Ave., Chehalis; and Tiger Mountain Technologies, 208 Second St., Morton.
- Passenger Car/Light Truck Tires Without Rims: $3.00 each
- Passenger Car/Light Truck Tires With Rims: $5.00 each
- Semi-Truck Tires Without Rims: $10.00 each
- Semi-Truck Tires With Rims: $20.00 each
- Mercury-Containing Lights: Lewis county residents can recycle up to 10 mercury-containing lights at no charge per day at the Central Transfer Station, Centralia, and East Lewis County Transfer Station, Morton. When dropping off more than 10 mercury-containing lights in one day, the first 10 are free and the following rates apply for the remainder:
- 4 foot straight light -- $0.40 each
- 8 foot straight light -- $0.80 each
- 6 foot straight light -- $0.60 each
- Compact fluorescent light -- $0.50 each
- U-Tube light -- $1.00 each
- High intensity discharge light -- $1.00 each
- Specialty light -- $2.50 each
CURBSIDE GARBAGE PICKUP
Private garbage companies provide garbage containers for their customers. The companies provide various sizes of containers and pick-up schedules are determined by need and neighborhood routes. Please contact the company in your neighborhood for your residential or business garbage disposal needs.
- Centralia: 360-736-4769, LeMay Enterprises, Inc.
- Chehalis: 360-748-1502, LeMay Enterprises, Inc.
- Rural Centralia/Chehalis: 360-736-5282, LeMay Enterprises, Inc.
- City of Vader: 360-623-5383, Community Waste & Recycling
For LeMay customers: If you need more detailed information regarding what is accepted in curbside pickup or when your garbage schedule is you can download the "WasteConnect" app from your smartphone app store.