Transfer Station Recycling: Free to Drop Off
***Please note: In 2023, both Lewis County transfer stations will be CLOSED all holidays: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.***
Lewis County Central Solid Waste Transfer Station, 1411 S. Tower Ave., Centralia, WA 98531. Hours: Mon.-Sat. 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; Gates close at 5:15 p.m.
Map to Central Transfer Station
East Lewis County Transfer Station, 6745 U.S. Hwy. 12, Morton, WA 98356. Hours: Mon.-Sat. 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Gates close at 4:45 p.m.
Please sort materials into the following categories:
- Corrugated cardboard only
- Please flatten to conserve space
- Throw away any packing material, such as Styrofoam
- Remove tape and labels
- No pizza boxes
- Tin cans
- Aluminum cans
- Miscellaneous scrap metal items made of at least 75 percent metal
- Please remove all fluids from machines, such as lawn mowers
- Glass bottles and jars only
- Please empty, clean, and dry containers--Labels are OK
- Throw away lids
- No window glass, automotive glass, ceramics, drinking glasses or mirrors
- Office paper
- School paper
- Paperback books
- Paper bags and boxes
- Corrugated cardboard boxes with shiny printing on them
- Please place items in the container loose--do not bag or tie with a string
- No shredded paper, cardboard milk or juice cartons, or frozen food boxes
Click here for a flyer for more information about drop-off recycling at the transfer stations.
Why are we making these changes?
Recycle Reset is an an effort to reduce contamination (garbage and other materials that are not included in the recycling program), and help more materials get recycled into new products.
Please call 360-740-1451 or email email@example.com, if you have additional questions.