Surface Water / Utilities
The Surface Water / Utilities Section is responsible for the following functions:
- Reviewing applications of proposed developments for concerns impacting Public Works.
- Determining that stormwater submittals meet requirements of local stormwater regulations.
- Addressing drainage of public roads and right-of-ways. Providing
hydrologic and hydraulic assistance within Public Works, and to other
departments and programs.
- Obtaining agency environmental permits for Public Works projects.
- Evaluating adequate stormwater management measures to meet specific local, state, and federal requirements.
- Administering consultant contracts for specific water management and environmental projects.
- Applying for grants to fund surface water management and environmental project.