Property taxes for all taxing districts are collected by the Lewis County Treasurer. The amount of the bill is based on the following Information:
- The property taxable value established by the Office of Lewis County Assessor.
- The taxable value may be the same as the assessed value unless a special use exemption is applied.
- The levy rate as adopted by the taxing district legislative authority under guidelines in the Revised Code of Washington.
Request name and/or address change
2023 Tax Information
- 2023 Property Tax Statements are tentatively scheduled to be mailed out on February 13th, 2023. This date is subject to change. You will not receive a bill if your taxes are paid by a mortgage company. If you haven't received a statement by mid-March and think you should have one, please call our office at 360-740-1115.
- You must notify the Treasurer's office if your mailing address has changed or if you have recently paid off your mortgage.
- First half taxes are due and payable on May 1st, 2023 (April 30th falls on Sunday).
- Second half taxes are due and payable on October 31st, 2023.
- Any parcel with a tax and assessment of $50.00 or less must be paid in full by May 1st, 2023.
- As of assessment year 1999, tax year 2000, any parcel with a taxable value of less than $500.00 has no tax due and will not be billed.
- Non-payment of your check or electronic payment by the bank will void payment. A $25.00 fee will be charged plus applicable interest and penalty.