Mobile Home Movement Permits


  • Address where the mobile home is currently located
  • Address where the mobile home is moving to
  • Seller's name & mailing address
  • Buyer's name & mailing address
  • Mover’s name & address
  • Mover’s WUTC permit number
  • Mover’s DOT permit number
  • Complete description of the mobile home, including the serial/VIN number, make, model year, and length & width.

If the mobile home is moving within Lewis County, property taxes on the mobile home must be paid in full for the current year.

If the mobile home is moving out of Lewis County, we must collect all current year taxes and advance taxes before a movement permit tax certificate can be issued. Advance property taxes are paid when a mobile home goes into dealer inventory or is moved out of the county.

The cost of the permit is $20 and is valid for 15 days from the date it is issued.

If possible, please contact the Treasurer's office in advance so that we may expedite this process for you. You can reach us at (360) 740-1115 or click here to send us a message.

You may obtain a mobile home placement permit from Community Development, located at 2025 NE Kresky Ave in Chehalis. If you have questions regarding a placement permit, please call the Permit Center at (360) 740-1146.