Vital Records (Birth and Death Certificates)
You may order Vital Records (Death and Birth Certificates) in person from Lewis County Public Health & Social Services Department or online through VitalCheck
If you have any questions about the ordering process, please give us a call at (360) 740-1223.
Death and Birth certificates can be ordered in person at the Lewis County Public Health & Social Services Department Monday-Friday 8am - 11:30am and 12:30pm - 4:30pm. If you request "Same Day Service", there will be a $5.00 charge.
New Vital Records Law went into effect on January 1, 2021, for ordering birth or death certificates.
- Only individuals with a specific relationship to the person on record may request a certified birth or death certificate.
- Identity and proof of relationship documentation will be required.
- Fees for certificates will increase to $25. There will still be a $5 fee for "same day" pick up.
Download Order Forms to Pay in Person
You may download an order form to complete and take to the Public Health & Social Services Department to pay in person.
- Death Certificate Order Form English
- Birth Certificate Order Form English
- Acceptable Proof English
- Formulario de Solicitud por Correo de Copias Informativas de Registros de Nacimiento Y Defuncion (Spanish Order Form)
- Registros Vitales del Estado de Washington Documentacion Admitida Como Prueba de Identidad (Acceptable Proof Spanish)Spanish Birth Cert
Order forms online through VitalChek
For your convenience, you can order online through an independent company that Lewis County Public Health has partnered with; VitalChek Network, Inc. VitalChek charges an additional fee for this service, and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard® or Visa®.