Effective January 1, 1997, the first page of all documents presented for recording must include:
- A three inch margin at the top and a one-inch margin on the sides and bottom
- A return address
- The title of the instrument (i.e. : Deed of Trust)
- The reference number of documents assigned or released (if applicable)
- Name(s) of Grantor and Grantee
- Abbreviated legal description with Lot, Block, and Plat or Section, Township and Range
- Assessor's tax parcel number
If the first page of your document does not meet these recording requirements, click here to download a coversheet.
Additional Pages Must Adhere to these rules:
- Each additional page must have a one inch margin on all sides.
- All pages of the document must be on paper of a weight and color capable of producing a legible image.
- Pages must not be larger than 8 ½ inches wide by 14 inches long.
- The text of the document must be printed in 8 point font (approximately 1/8 inch) or larger.
- All documents must be prepared in an ink color capable of being imaged.
- All seals must be legible and capable of producing a legible image.
- No attachments may be taped, stapled or glued to the pages of the document.
Documents which were signed and dated PRIOR to the January 1, 1997 law, may be recorded without re-formatting the document, but a cover sheet will be required. Documents signed and dated AFTER January 1, 1997 must conform to the new recording requirements or they will be rejected.