Administrator: Matt Patana
Capital Facilities Manager: Doug Carey
Phone: (360) 740-1192
The Facilities Division of the Department of Central Services is responsible for maintaining over 600,000 sq. ft. of county owned and leased buildings and grounds, providing cleaning and sanitation services, centralized mail services, and telephone services throughout Lewis County. The area of operation for the Facilities Division is from Meskil near the west end of the County to Packwood near the east end and from Toledo in the south to the county line on the north. In addition to the above, the Facilities Division is also responsible for designing, planning, and managing capital projects, overseeing architectural and engineering services, and oversees building projects to assure an efficient, quality process in conformance with plans and specifications and compliance with appropriate codes and ordinances.
The Facilities Division is also responsible for the maintenance and operation of the Lewis County Parks System and the maintenance of the SWW Fairgrounds.
The division is headed by the Facilities Administrator and is divided into five sections; Maintenance, Custodial, Fairgrounds Maintenance, Mail Services, and Administration. The Maintenance, Fair Maintenance and Custodial sections are led by a Supervisor. As in any organization, it is the dedicated staff that provides the quality, quantity, and timely service to achieve excellence.
Areas of Responsibility
The Custodial Section is responsible for:
- Cleaning all county buildings.
- Sanitizing all restrooms.
- Emergency response for building and other cleanups.
- Recycle collection and garbage disposal.
- Opening and securing all office buildings.
The Maintenance Section is responsible for:
- Scheduled preventative maintenance for all county buildings and systems.
- Parks operation and maintenance
- Normal and emergency maintenance of buildings and systems.
- Landscaping and grounds maintenance.
- Furniture moves and installations.
- Overseeing small capital projects and performing small remodels.
- Manages collection, storage, inventory and disposition of county surplus property.
- Provides wiring and maintenance of wiring for voice and data communications.
The Fair Maintenance Section is responsible for:
- Maintenance and operation of Fairgrounds Buildings and Systems.
- Grounds maintenance.
- Oversight of Capital projects on the Fairgrounds.
- Building setup for events.
- Cleanup after events
The Mailroom is responsible for:
- Daily incoming and outgoing mail and package delivery.
- Regular inter-departmental mail and package delivery.
- Maintaining lowest cost methods for mail and shipments.
- Providing assistance to county offices for current regulations and procedures.
The Administration Section is responsible for:
- Providing switchboard services to route incoming calls to appropriate office.
- Administering the intra-county telephone system.
- Maintaining telephone directory and providing information to citizen callers.
- Receptionist and office support for the division.
- Park system reservations.
- Oversight of major Capital projects and Capital Planning.