AUDITOR'S OFFICE CLOSING TO THE PUBLIC
The Lewis County Auditor’s Office will close to the public at 5 p.m. on March 17, 2020 until further notice. In light of the Covid-19 virus, we feel it is essential to protect the safety of our employees as well as the citizens of Lewis County. We will evaluate the situation daily in coordination with the Lewis County Health Department to determine when it is safe to re-open to the public.
Many of our services are available either online or by mail. Our office will still be operating but the doors will be locked. If you have questions about our services, please call 360-740-1156. Or for more information please visit our website at: https://www.lewiscountywa.gov/auditor
Vehicle Licensing –
- Vehicle and Vessel tab renewals can be renewed online at: https://DOL.WA.GOV
- Tab renewals can be completed by mail using the envelope included with your renewal notice.
- Handicap placard applications can be completed by mail.
- Reports of Sale can be completed online at: https://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/transfertitle.html
- Our vehicle licensing subagents are private businesses. They may or may not be open.
Land Records –
- Many of the documents recorded in our office can be viewed online at: https://quickdocs.lewiscountywa.gov/recorder/web/
- Documents can be submitted electronically for recording. Deeds can be submitted electronically using Simplifile. For more info: https://lewiscountywa.gov/offices/auditor/document-recording/e-recording-submitters/
- Documents can be submitted for recording by mail. Please include a check and a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Marriage applications can be completed by mail if the application is notarized. Please call our office for more information.
- Certified copies of documents including marriage licenses can be ordered through the Washington State Digital Archives website: https://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov/