Lewis County Public Health & Social Services is continually working to improve local capacity to respond to public health emergencies. Emergencies and disasters can impact the public's health in many ways. We are working to enhance our Department's internal readiness, in addition to our ability to work more collaboratively with community partners, emergency responders, and elected officials.
The Emergency Preparedness Team leads the Department's efforts to prepare for and respond to public health emergencies in Lewis County. This team includes the Department Director, the Health Officer, Emergency Preparedness Coordinator, Environmental Health Specialists, Communicable Disease Nurses, and other programs and organizations.
If you have an interest in helping during Public Health Emergencies, please consider joining our Medical Reserve Corps.
Important Resources for the Public:
- Lewis County Emergency Management
- Get early warning of local emergencies. CLICK HERE to sign up for the Lewis County Alert emergency notification system.
- Washington Emergency Management
- Washington State Department of Health - Emergency Preparedness
Tools for Individuals and Families:
Resources for Environment and Climate Monitoring:
Emergency Preparedness Phone Numbers:
- Puget Sound Energy: 1-888-225-5773