Five-Year Housing and Homeless Strategic Plan
Lewis County Public Health & Social Services (PHSS) has adopted the new 5-Year Housing and Homelessness Strategic Plan. This 5-year plan serves as a guide for projects that use state and local funds to serve individuals experiencing homelessness and support affordable housing opportunities in our community.
In collaboration with the Department of Commerce, the plan includes required components that guide us in reaching deliverables around reducing homelessness in Lewis County. The components are:
1) Quickly identify and engage people experiencing homelessness
2) Prioritize housing for people with the greatest needs
3) Operate an effective and efficient homeless crisis response system that swiftly moves people into stable permanent housing
4) Project the impact of the fully implemented local plans on the number of households housed and the number of households left unsheltered, assuming existing resources and state policies
5) Address racial disparities among people experiencing homelessness.