Property taxes for all taxing districts are collected by the Lewis County Treasurer. The amount of the bill is based on the following Information:
- The property taxable value established by the Office of Lewis County Assessor.
- The taxable value may be the same as the assessed value unless a special use exemption is applied.
- The levy rate as adopted by the taxing district legislative authority under guidelines in the Revised Code of Washington.
2013 Tax Information
- Tax bills will be mailed on or before February 14, 2013 - You will not receive a bill if your taxes are paid by a mortgage company or tax service. If you didn't receive a bill and think you should have one - phone the treasurer's office at 360-740-1115.
- You must notify the treasurer's office if your mailing address has changed.
- Any parcel with a tax and assessment of $50.00 or less must be paid in full by April 30, 2013.
- First half taxes are due and payable April 30, 2013.
- Second half taxes are due and payable October 31, 2013
- As of assessment year 1999, tax year 2000, any parcel with a taxable value of less than $500.00 has no tax due and will not be billed.
- Non-payment of your check or electronic payment by the bank will void payment. A $25.00 fee will be charged plus applicable interest and penalty.
|Locally Assessed Real and Personal Property||$69,713,393.92|
|State Assessed Real and Personal Property||$8,046,029.07|
|Total Regular Levies||$57,861,267.86|
|Total Excess Levies||$19,989,155.13|
|Total Levies Regular and Excess||$77,759,422.99|
|Total Parcels Billed||58,159|