Property taxes for all taxing districts are collected by the Lewis County Treasurer. The amount of the bill is based on the following Information:
- The property taxable value established by the Office of Lewis County Assessor.
- The taxable value may be the same as the assessed value unless a special use exemption is applied.
- The levy rate as adopted by the taxing district legislative authority under guidelines in the Revised Code of Washington.
2015 Tax Information
- Tax bills began being mailed on February 13, 2015 - You will not receive a bill if your taxes are paid by a mortgage company. If you didn't receive a bill by the end of February, and think you should have one - phone the treasurer's office at 360-740-1115.
- You must notify the treasurer's office if your mailing address has changed.
- Any parcel with a tax and assessment of $50.00 or less must be paid in full by April 30, 2015.
- First half taxes are due and payable April 30, 2015.
- Second half taxes are due and payable November 2, 2015.
- As of assessment year 1999, tax year 2000, any parcel with a taxable value of less than $500.00 has no tax due and will not be billed.
- Non-payment of your check or electronic payment by the bank will void payment. A $25.00 fee will be charged plus applicable interest and penalty.
|Locally Assessed Real and Personal Property||$71,436,298.31|
|State Assessed Real and Personal Property||$ 6,566,141.42|
|Total Regular Levies||$57,336,303.00|
|Total Excess Levies||$20,666,136.73|
|Total Levies Regular and Excess||$78,002,436.73|
|Total Parcels Billed||59882|