Solid Waste Disposal Locations, Rates & Material Accepted
Central Transfer Station -- Centralia
View Larger Map">Map to Central Transfer Station
Location: 1411 South Tower Avenue, Centralia, WA
Hours of Operation: Monday - Saturday 7:30 A.M. --5:30 P.M.
Phone Number: 360-740-1481 Cash, Check or Credit/Debit Cards (Visa, Mastercard or Discover ONLY) are accepted at the Central Transfer Station in Centralia.
East Lewis County Transfer Station -- Morton
View Larger Map">Map to East Lewis County Transfer Station
Location: 6745 U.S. Hwy 12, Morton, WA ( 2 miles East of Morton)
Hours of Operation: Monday - Saturday 8:30 A.M. -- 5:00 P.M.
Phone Number: 360-496-5095 Cash, Check or Credit/Debit Cards (Visa Mastercard or Discover ONLY) are accepted at the East Lewis County Transfer Station.
The tipping fee for municipal solid waste is $90.00 per ton at both transfer stations.
- The minimum fee for refuse disposal at both transfer stations is $10.00 for 200 lbs. or less. A 3.6% solid waste refuse tax (SWRT) is included in each $10.00 transaction.
- Express Service: At Central Transfer Station only: $10.00 paid at the inbound window allows you to dump up to six (6) 32 gallon cans or bags. This service saves the trip to the tipping floor and you do not need to weigh out. INQUIRE AT THE INBOUND SCALE WINDOW.
- Garbage: $90.00 per ton ($10.00 minimum for 200 lbs. or less)
- Asbestos: (Central Transfer Station Only): $87.00 per ton ($25.00 minimum charge) Special handling needed.
- Chippable Yard Waste: $60.00 per ton ($5.00 minimum for 160 pounds or less.) See "composting link" or "transfer station recycling link" for a list of noxious weeds that are not allowed in the wood waste.
- Yard Waste: Lawn clippings, garden spoils, leaves or yard trimmings: $60.00 per ton ($5.00 minimum for 160 pounds or less.) See "composting link" or "transfer station recycling link" for a list of noxious weeds that are not allowed in the yard waste. Must be separated from chippable debris.
- Large Household Appliances: (ovens/ranges, washers, clothes dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, hot water tanks): $10.00 each. Refrigerators and freezers must have doors removed for safety reasons. The doors can be recycled with the unit. Large appliances - except refrigerators and freezers - may also be dropped off at a private recycling business - possibly at no cost or a reduced fee. Large appliances collected at county transfer stations are recycled.
- Small Electrical Appliances (disposal options for TVs, computer monitors, laptops and computer towers are listed separately below): Small electrical appliances, such as hair dryers, document shredders, microwave ovens, keyboards, copiers, etc., are being accepted free of charge when the Hazo Hut is open (every Wednesday and the first and third Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., of each month) and are recycled. This free service ends June 30, 2015. Small electrical appliances go with the garbage when the Hazo Hut is closed and the garbage fee of $90 per ton ($10 minimum for 200 pounds or less) applies. These items will also go in the garbage when the free service at the Hazo Hut ends on June 30, 2015, at which time the garbage fee will again apply.
- TVs, Computer Monitors, Laptops and Computer Towers: The following rates apply when dropping off TVs, computer monitors, laptops and computer towers at the Central Transfer Station, Centralia, or the East Lewis County Transfer Station, Morton: TVs, computer monitors and laptops, all $8.00 each; and computer towers, $2.00 each.
- Free E-Cycle Sites: The following locations accept TVs, computer monitors, laptops and computer towers at no charge through a Washington State electronics recycling program: Goodwill Industries Store, 519 Harrison Ave., Centralia; Visiting Nurses' Thrift Store, 222 S. Pearl St., Centralia; Visiting Nurses' Thrift Store, 749 Market Blvd., Chehalis; New Life Thrift Store & Building Supply, 1757 N. National Ave., Chehalis; and Tiger Mountain Technologies, 208 Second St., Morton.
- Passenger Tires Without Rims: $3.00 each
- Truck Tires Without Rims: $8.00 each
- Tires With Rims: $90.00 per ton (maximum of 20 tires per load - disposed of with the garbage)
- Mercury-Containing Lights: The Light-Cycle Washington program began Jan. 1, 2015, and allows Washington State residents to recycle up to 10 mercury-containing lights at no charge per day by dropping them off at authorized collection sites. The Central Transfer Station, Centralia, and East Lewis County Transfer Station, Morton, are authorized collectors in Lewis County. The main categories of mercury-containing lights accepted by Light-Cycle Washington are compact fluorescent lights (CFLs), fluorescent tubes up to 8 feet long and High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps. When dropping off more than 10 mercury-containing lights in one day, the first 10 are free and the following rates apply for the remainder:
- 4 foot straight light -- $0.40 each
- 8 foot straight light -- $0.80 each
- 6 foot straight light -- $0.60 each
- Compact fluorescent light -- $0.50 each
- U-Tube light -- $1.00 each
- High intensity discharge light -- $1.00 each
- Specialty light -- $2.50 each
Transfer Station Holidays
The transfer stations are closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Fourth of July
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Curbside Garbage Pickup
Private garbage companies typically provide garbage containers for their customers. The companies provide various sizes of containers. Pick-up schedules are determined by need and neighborhood routes. Please contact the company in your neighborhood for your residential or business garbage disposal needs.
- Centralia: 360-736-4769
- Chehalis: 360-748-1502
- Rural Centralia/Chehalis: 360-736-5282
- City of Vader: 360-295-3222
- Other areas of Lewis County: 800-525-4167