28 SW Chehalis Ave., Chehalis WA 98532
Inmate Mail Rules
The following is a list of approved mail practices
- Inmates may receive up to eight photographs per letter.
- Inmates may receive books and/or magazines from the publisher or a recognized bookstore.
- Inmates may receive money orders to be deposited in their commissary account.
The following is a list of items not accepted through the mail
- Obscene or sexually explicit material by its nature or content is not acceptable in this facility.
- Material which represents a potential health or hygiene problem.
- Contraband being sent or received.
- Discussion of escape.
- Code when contents are not understood by the scanner.
- Personal checks
- Polaroid type photo(s)
- Stickers, glued items, collages, or similar items
- Laminated/plasticized item(s)
- Hard back book(s)
- Magazines, books or catalogs not received from a publisher or an approved bookstore, or not clearly recognized as from a publisher or an approved bookstore.
- Material(s) available through commissary.
- Stamps or envelopes.
- Correspondence from within the facility or from another detention facility.
- Material of an inflammatory nature which may pose a risk to institutional security.
- Has been purported to be legal mail, but upon visual scanning for contraband, the mail is determined to be general correspondence.
If you receive returned mail and wish to appeal, within 10 days, you can call 360-740-1344 or email LCJail@lewiscountywa.gov