Veterans' Relief Fund
If you're a Veteran or a Veteran's spouse, you may be eligible for assistance from the Veterans' Relief Fund for:
- Funeral expenses
Each Veteran that qualifies could receive up to $450 (or whatever the maximum allowable amount is for the year) for rent or
utilities. And, with acceptable documentation, $450 for burial or cremation
costs will be approved for qualifying Veteran/dependent.
To apply for veterans' benefit services, please complete an application and gather all of the acceptable documentation:
- DD214 (Under honorable discharges only)
- Washington State Driver's License or Picture ID
- Proof of Washington residence for one year
- Spouse's ID or Marriage Certificate
- Birth certificate for all dependents
- Proof of income (check stub or bank statement) OR Lack of income (if you have no income you will need to prove it, example: income tax return/bank statement). Please see income eligibility table below.
- Original bill to be paid for utilities
- Original bill for funeral expenses
- Rent - must have a W-9 (provided by the County upon request) and a copy of the rental agreement, signed by the landlord. A relative of the veteran does not qualify as a bona fide landlord.
Call the Veterans' Benefits Specialist, 360-740-1417, to schedule an appointment to submit your application. Applications will be accepted by appointment only. All applications are reviewed and determination is made on a case by case basis.
Income Eligibility Table
The attached tableis used to determine if you qualify for the Veterans' Relief Fund; if you
do not fall within these guidelines, you will not be eligible for the program. You may be eligible for other benefits.
For questions call 360-740-1417, 360-740-1223 or 1-800-562-6130.