The Planning Division's duties primarily involve the land use and environmental issues and concerns impacting the county. These duties are divided into two distinct areas: long-range planning which tries to envision the physical development of the county 20 to 30 years into the future and current planning, which involves the various permitting programs administered by the section.
Long-range planning includes preparation of Comprehensive Land Use Plans, Growth Management Act (GMA) compliance, and the preparation of land use and environmental regulations. Current planning programs include the review and approval of sub-divisions of land into lots less than five acres in size; mobile home parks; shoreline management permits along many rivers, streams and lakes; critical area permits (when adopted as required by GMA); infectious waste facilities; and environmental impact reviews
Public Participation Hearings
Public Hearings before the Board of County Commissioners
- Renewal of Recreational Marijuana Moratorium, December 1, 2014
- Renewal of Countywide Planning Policies, December 8, 2014
- Legal Notice to Establish Impact Fee Program, December 8, 2014
Public Hearings before the Planning Commission
Public Hearings before the Hearings Examiner
- The Barn on Jackson, Event Center - January 7, 2015 9 a.m.
- Herbrand Surface Mine, Peters Rd - January 7, 2015 1 p.m.
Recently adopted Ordinances