The Code Compliance Division receives, investigates, tracks, and coordinates code violation complaints for the following county departments: Environmental Health and Community Development. Examples of issues handled include building violations, septic violations, water violations, land use violations, hulk vehicles, solid waste, and hazardous waste.
We work closely and effectively with other county departments including the Lewis County Sheriff's Office and the Lewis County Prosecutor's Office. We also work with other governmental and municipal departments including, but not limited to, Washington State Patrol, the cities of Centralia and Chehalis, Southwest Clean Air Authority, and Washington State Department of Ecology.
Goals, Objectives, and Results
- Our goal is to settle code compliance issues by working closely and communicating clearly with the public to achieve compliance.
- Civil infractions, fines, and prosecution are generally used as a last resort, but will be issued if all else fails.
- Code Compliance received 542 complaints in 2013.
- 2010 Code Compliance Summary Report
- 2013 Code Compliance Summary Report
Code Compliance Office (360) 740-2718
24 hour Hulk Vehicle Inspection request line – (360) 740-2718
Location – 2025 NE Kresky Ave., Chehalis Washington 98532