Welcome to Lewis County's Planning and Permiting Research web page.
This page will guide you through researching a particular parcel, how the Lewis County code applies to that parcel, any previous permitting activity on the parcel, etc.
Using the link above, you can access information regarding a specific
parcel's zoning, critical areas, FEMA zone, aerial photos, etc. You
will need the 12 digit parcel number to use this map.
Helpful hints to navigate the Interactive Map:
- Type your 12 digit parcel # in the "Search by parcel #" box at the bottom
- This will zoom the map to the specific parcel. To zoom in or out, click on the + & - magnifying glasses at the top of the map then click on the map again.
- On the right are VISIBLE and ACTIVE layers to help you research. To add a layer, click on VISIBLE next to the layer and then "REFRESH MAP" at the bottom.
- To find out information about a checked VISIBLE layer,
- click on ACTIVE next to the layer name you are researching
- click on the "i" icon box at the top of the map
- click on the parcel in question
- The information will show at the bottom of the map
Enjoy the high resolution 2008 DNR aerial photos!
If you have questions about building setbacks, permitted uses based on zoning, critical area buffers, resource lands, subdivision, etc, you'll want to research our Lewis County Code:
You may do an "Advanced Search" by topic/word or "Browse" through the Title index.
TITLE 15: BUILDINGS AND CONSTRUCTION
TITLE 16: SUBDIVISIONS
TITLE 17: LAND USE AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS
- Frequently referenced sections:
- 17.30 Resource Lands (Forest, Agricultural, Mineral)
- 17.35 Critical Areas
- 17.35A Critical Areas as it applies to Agricultural zone and use
- 17.42 Matrix for Permitted uses within Rural Area Zoning
- 17.145 Supplemental Requirements: Setbacks, Height limits, etc.